Accepted by the Participants of the International Conference on Women Entrepreneurship "Vision of New Developments"
Within Women Entrepreneurship Week in Yerevan (June 8 - 11, 2015).
We, "Vision of New Developments" the first Women Entrepreneurship Week in Yerevan participants, invite for dialogue and cooperation on issues on women's entrepreneurship. We are sure that economic development and social progress of the Republic of Armenia can be achieved only with the combination of the efforts of state institutions, private sector and civil society.
We, the participants of the conference, know that the involvement of women in entrepreneurship is an effective way to combat poverty, unemployment and gender discrimination. We praise the efforts of the Government in the development of women entrepreneurship and, at the same time, we find that special measures are needed to address for implementation of commitments and guarantees in the areas, particularly, that:
- Elimination of all forms of discrimination against women, established by the UN charter,
- The Beijing platform of action,
- The provisions of the Millennium Development Goals, which stipulate that women's entrepreneurship and economic relations in the field of gender equality is a priority.
We, the participants of the conference, are aware of the need of close cooperation between state institutions, private sector, civil society, international organizations, financial institutions and women entrepreneurs, offer.
- Bring together women in business and public associations for effective co-operation between public authorities, international organizations and the private sector to promote the economic potential of women in decision-making levels.
- Organize cooperation between state bodies of women business associations, donor agencies and financial institutions and women entrepreneurs in small and medium-sized enterprises.
- Promote women's entrepreneurial associations of business cooperation at national and international levels.
- Develop and implement joint projects with educational institutions in women entrepreneurship promotion.
- Discuss the issue of women's business incubators, social-economic support centers establishment opportunity with bringing together state institutions, international organizations and civil society efforts.
- Develop a national report related to Women's Entrepreneurship current situation and prospects of the development by bringing together state institutions, international organizations and civil society efforts.
- Conduct joint projects by women entrepreneurs and their associations in the regional (Armenia, Georgia, Turkey, and Iran) and international (in the EU, Eurasian and Arab countries) platforms.
- Develop special programs for vulnerable groups (the unemployed, refugees, the disabled, single mothers, Armenians and others) in order to develop women's business activity.
- Strengthen information and support to women entrepreneurs within the www.businesswoman.am.
- Expand the scope of the annual Women Entrepreneurship weeks to include local and international participants, including members of the Diaspora Armenian businessmen.
- Suggest to conduct 2017/2018 World Congress of World Association of Women Entrepreneurs (FCEM) in Yerevan.
- Work together with RA Government, state institutions, international organizations for conducting 2017/2018 World Congress of World Association of Women Entrepreneurs (FCEM), in which 500 women entrepreneurs will participate from different countries.
- Establish a working group to coordinate preparations for the Congress, including representatives of interested organizations.
- Proclaim 19 November as a day of Women entrepreneurship, given that the day is also celebrated 153 countries of the world.
- Work together with RA Government, state institutions, international organizations for organizing Women entrepreneurship day.
The resolution adopted by the Women Entrepreneurs Week in Yerevan within the framework of the "Vision of New Developments" international conference on women's entrepreneurship.
The resolution submitted by the President of the Republic of Armenia, President of the RA National Assembly, the RA Prime Minister, the RA Minister of Economy, UN Yerevan office, the World Bank, the International Finance Corporation, International Monetary Fund, European Union, USAID, GIZ, the Asian Development Bank, Development Foundation of Armenia, SME DNC, other interested state and international organizations, embassies.
June 9, 2015, Yerevan, Republic of Armenia.